"The World Federation of Pediatric Imaging's (WFPI) mission is to foster
- Communication and collaboration between pediatric imaging practitioners, via their organizations
- Advocating for appropriate practices and resource allocation for children
- Patient safety, in particular radiation safety and protection
- Outreach and training in lower resource settings
- Provision of information & resources
WFPI's efforts include offering paediatric radiology expertise to ongoing and effective radiology outreach and education efforts. This strategy both recognizes the work of the adult outreach community and builds on that good work. Importantly, this collaborative strategy eliminates redundancy and reduces cost.
Consistent with that mission the leadership is happy to announce that WFPI has entered into an important new collaboration agreement with: Radiology Across Borders (RAB). RAB is an Australian charity which focuses on teaching key clinical skills to radiologists, doctors and medical imaging staff around the world to ensure health professionals have the knowledge and training to save their patients’ lives. Although the programs are available to anyone in any country, there is a particular emphasis on the Asia Pacific region where most on site teaching occurs.
The new agreement between RAB and the WFPI will enhance RAB's already impressive program with the identification of local/regional paediatric radiology experts available to participate in RAB's ongoing programs, and extend WFPI's delivery of paediatric radiology education into the Asia Pacific region."